Our Covid-19 Game Plan
How We Are Handling Showings of Occupied Properties during COVID-19
In an ongoing effort to be responsible citizens in the growing Covid-19 crisis, Atkinson Realty has put forth the following protocols for showing occupied properties for buyers and sellers when homes are available for private showings. These protocols are designed to give guidance to our agents in an environment where there is growing stress and anxiety surrounding the Covid-19 virus. Many sellers still need to sell, and many buyers still need to buy. Sticking to these protocols will not completely eliminate the possibility of virus transmission; however, according to federal and state guidelines, these protocols will help provide a safe process for showings.
One advantage Atkinson Realty has in the current situation is that all of our listings have 3-D Matterport Tours as part of their marketing materials. These are very life-like virtual previews for our listings that allow the client to feel as if they are walking through each room. We also have Virtual Reality disposable headsets to help with that experience – just ask your Atkinson Realty agent for one!
Our listing agents have consulted with their sellers to ensure their home is prepared to accommodate prospective buyers in this environment. Both the seller and the listing agent will have responsibilities in preparing for a showing.
Seller’s Responsibility in Preparing for a Showing:
- Sellers will be asked prior to confirming a showing about their health. Health includes being fever free for 72 hours and not having a cough related to an illness.
- The home must be freshly cleaned. All surfaces wiped down, including door handles with a disinfectant solution of some kind.
- All doors will be left opened throughout the home.
- Sellers, including pets, should not be present during the showings.
Listing agents steps when arranging a showing:
- The listing agent will request the prospect take the 3-D Walkthrough Tour online and provide a pre-qualification letter from their lender prior to any showing.
- The listing agent will get assurances that neither the prospective buyers or the buyer’s agent has had a fever in the last 72 hours or any kind of cough present.
- Once the showing appointment has been confirmed, the listing agent will communicate the following information to the buyer’s agent:
- The sellers report they are healthy, no fevers within the last 72 hours and no present cough.
- The home has been wiped down with disinfectant, but that does not completely eliminate all risk related to the current Covid-19 virus transmission.
- Please touch as little as possible, and if available, please use disinfectant wipes behind you.
- Please remove shoes at the front door.
- Only decision makers should be present at the showing, limiting additional family members and children.
Both buyers and their agents can expect to see the following message posted at our occupied listings!
How Our Agent’s Are Working to Keep Buyers Safe During the Covid-19 Crisis
We are still working to find the perfect homes for all of our buyers. No matter what stage you are in of your home search, we are still here working for you! However, in doing our part to help flatten the curve, we will respectfully request the following from our buyers:
- Please provide your agent a pre-qualification letter from your lender.
- Let your agent help narrow down your home options as much as possible prior to scheduling showings. The agent can provide links to online tours when available and in some instances can obtain video for you when there is not. Limit your first round of showings to the homes you can visually determine might work for you.
- Prior to setting appointments, expect your agent to ask about your health. Free from fever for 72 hours and no cough.
- Rest assured that your agent will consult with each listing agent on what their protocols are if any, and specifically confirm the health of the sellers.
- Your agent will request that all doors throughout the home be left open for showings. The less knobs we touch, the better!
- For social distancing, expect your agent to drive separately & ask that you only invite decision makers on the property tour, no extra family members or children.
- Be prepared to remove your shoes at the door and bring disinfecting wipes with you on your outing. Don’t worry if you forget! your agent will have some.