One of the most important and abundant renewable energy sources available is solar energy, and Tesla just unveiled their first solar product, the “Solar Roof.” Have a look at what the solar roof can provide.
- Style – With four different styles to choose from, (Tuscan Glass, Slate Glass, Textured Glass, and Smooth Glass),Tesla’s Solar Roof can compliment any type of home.
- Durability – Manufactured with durable tempered-glass that can handle all of the elements, and outlast other traditional solar panels.
- Affordability – When combined with projected utility bill savings, Tesla’s solar roof will cost less than a traditional roof.
- Homeowners save on average more than $20,000 after switching to solar energy. (over 20 year period)
- Home Power – Solar energy provide a natural clean energy source to power your home. Everything from electricity to space heating and cooling.
These technologies can replace electricity/natural gas to provide everything from hot water for your shower, to interior heating, and cooling. Whether the Solar Roof is manufactured for the public depends on if Tesla’s shareholders approve the $2.2 billion acquisition of SolarCity (Biggest rooftop installer in U.S) on November 17th. If approved they will be in stores by the end of 2017.
To learn more about how Tesla’s Solar Roof is manufactured visit https://www.tesla.com/solar OR https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-31/no-one-saw-tesla-s-solar-roof-coming
To learn more about solar energy visit http://www.seia.org/about/solar-energy