In an ongoing effort to be responsible citizens in the growing Covid-19 crisis, Atkinson Realty has put forth the following protocols for showing occupied properties for buyers and sellers when homes are available for private showings. These protocols are designed to give guidance to our agents in an environment where there is growing stress and anxiety surrounding the Covid-19 virus. Many sellers still need to sell, and many buyers still need to buy. Sticking to these protocols will not completely eliminate the possibility of virus transmission; however, according to federal and state guidelines, these protocols will help provide a safe process for showings.
One advantage Atkinson Realty has in the current situation is that all of our listings have 3-D Matterport Tours as part of their marketing materials. These are very life-like virtual previews for our listings that allow the client to feel as if they are walking through each room. We also have Virtual Reality disposable headsets to help with that experience – just ask your Atkinson Realty agent for one!
Our listing agents have consulted with their sellers to ensure their home is prepared to accommodate prospective buyers in this environment. Both the seller and the listing agent will have responsibilities in preparing for a showing.
Seller’s Responsibility in Preparing for a Showing:
- Sellers will be asked prior to confirming a showing about their health. Health includes being fever free for 72 hours and not having a cough related to an illness.
- The home must be freshly cleaned. All surfaces wiped down, including door handles with a disinfectant solution of some kind.
- All doors will be left opened throughout the home.
- Sellers, including pets, should not be present during the showings.
Listing agents steps when arranging a showing:
- The listing agent will request the prospect take the 3-D Walkthrough Tour online and provide a pre-qualification letter from their lender prior to any showing.
- The listing agent will get assurances that neither the prospective buyers or the buyer’s agent has had a fever in the last 72 hours or any kind of cough present.
- Once the showing appointment has been confirmed, the listing agent will communicate the following information to the buyer’s agent:
- The sellers report they are healthy, no fevers within the last 72 hours and no present cough.
- The home has been wiped down with disinfectant, but that does not completely eliminate all risk related to the current Covid-19 virus transmission.
- Please touch as little as possible, and if available, please use disinfectant wipes behind you.
- Please remove shoes at the front door.
- Only decision makers should be present at the showing, limiting additional family members and children.
Expect to See a Notification Similar to this at all of our Atkinson Realty listings!